Tests done on human breast cancer cell lines in laboratory mice showed significant reduction in tumor growth.
What does HBCCL stand for?
HBCCL stands for Human Breast Cancer Cell Lines
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit (food)
- Huntington Beach Concert Band
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Hale Barns Cricket Club (UK)
- Hill Brothers Chemical Company (est. 1923; Orange, CA)
- Historically Black Collegiate Coalition
- Hobsons Bay City Council (Victoria, Australia)
- Home Based Child Care (in-home day care services)
- Home Brew Computer Club
- Hosted Bus Controller Chip (Ford networking specification)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce and Computer Science (Laurentian University; Sudbury, Ontario, Canada)
- Hexabromocyclododecane (brominated flame retardant; also seen as HBCDD)
- Hydrolyzed Bovine Collagen Dressing
- Health Benefits Conference and Expo
- Healthcare Blogger Code of Ethics
- Human Brain Capillary Endothelial
- HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator
- Half-Bridge Commutating Forward
- Heal Breast Cancer Foundation (Venice, CA)
- Home Builders Charitable Foundation (est. 1997; St. Louis, MO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the study, Pestell and his colleagues investigated the CCL5/CCR5 axis expression in human breast cancer cell lines and the effect of CCR5 antagonists in vitro and in vivo.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Xianghong Zou and colleagues at Ohio State University describe the results of experiments with three human breast cancer cell lines which determined that I3C destroys Cdc25A, a molecule essential for cell division and proliferation.
They also showed in vitro that ER-negative human breast cancer cell lines were more sensitive to lipophilic statins than ER-positive cells, and that lipophobic statins--namely, pravastatin and rosuvastatin--didn't inhibit growth of the malignant cells.
com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040415/SQNMLO) The key findings demonstrated that the level of ICAM1 protein expression on the cell surface positively correlated with metastatic potential of several human breast cancer cell lines and that ICAM1 mRNA levels were elevated in breast tumor compared to normal tissue.
For example, the demonstration of a functional PPAR in human breast cancer cell lines (7) and the finding of enhanced cell proliferation by DEHP in human breast cancer cells (8) indicate a possible breast cancer risk.
We applied the assay to human breast cancer cell lines already known to express c-erbB-2  and to a series of 39 breast tumor biopsies.
It was recently observed in vitro that TLR3 activation by dsRNA can trigger apoptosis in some human breast cancer cell lines, as well as primary breast cancer cells.