Humans also produce another antibiotic, human beta-defensin-1, in the urogenital tract.
What does hBD1 stand for?
hBD1 stands for Human Beta-Defensin-1
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Honored By Death (gaming clan)
- Honored By Death (gaming clan, Battlefield 2)
- Hot Bearing Detector (trains)
- Hot Box Detector (railway engineering)
- Hot Bus Driver
- Human Biodiversity
- Hybrid Booster Drive (Electric Vehicle Institute)
- Hydraulic Bottom Detector
- Hydrogen Bond Donor
- Hypophosphatemic Bone Disease
- Human Beta-Defensin-2
- Haringey Business Development Agency (London, England, UK)
- Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association (est. 1959)
- High Background Detector Array
- High Burden Developing Country (Cepheid)
- Highwood Business Development Corporation
- Holston Business Development Center (Kingsport, TN)
- Home Base Development Committee (US Navy)
- Honey Badger Don't Care
- Human Bone-Derived Cell
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nasdaq: MAGN), along with collaborators at the University of Pennsylvania today reported an important finding regarding the role of a key peptide, human beta-defensin-1 (HBD-1) in mediating the onset of lung infection in cystic fibrosis patients.