In 1960 Theodore Maiman of Hughes Research Laboratories successfully operated the first laser.
What does HRL stand for?
HRL stands for Hughes Research Laboratories
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HRL
We have 78 other meanings of HRL in our Acronym Attic
- Harlingen, TX, USA (Airport Code)
- Health Reference Level
- Health Research Laboratory
- Hemostasis Reference Laboratory (Hamilton Civic Hospitals Research Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Hereditary, Relativist and Logistic (economic theory)
- High Rock Lake (North Carolina)
- Histopathology Reference Library (Hercules, CA)
- Home Run League (adult Wiffle ball league)
- Horizontal Reference Line
- Housing and Residential Life (various schools)
- Hunter River Lancers
- Human 60S Ribosomal Subunit Protein L14
- Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (Washington, DC)
- High Resolution Laterolog Array (oil Industry)
- Human Reovirus-Like Agent
- Human Rights Lawyers Association (UK)
- Human Rights Law in Africa Series
- Health Related Licensing Boards (Pennsylvania)
- High-Reliability, Low-Cost
- High-Resolution Liquid Chromatography
Samples in periodicals archive:
At Hughes Research Laboratories (HRL, the central corporate lab), as program management became a more important skill, we wanted to adapt the corporate system for the research lab.
95 While some researchers sought fame and prestige at their Bell Telephone laboratory, others worked in secret on a military contract, and still others, basically one pair of decidedly dark horses, toiled on an heretical idea in a small space at Hughes Research Laboratories.
Little served for over 15 years on the senior technical staff at Hughes Research Laboratories.
Malibu Canyon Road was closed to traffic from the tunnel near Potter Drive and the Hughes Research Laboratories.
Tutt, a chemist at Hughes Research Laboratories in Malibu, Calif.
Mitchell has held a number of positions in the technology industry including North American Marketing Manager of Polytec, Manager, Technology Development of Newport Corporation, Engineering/Business Manager for Laser Products of JMAR Technologies, Technical & Product Marketing Manager of Melles Griot and Senior Member of Technical Staff, Hughes Research Laboratories.
``It's usually really beautiful out here,'' said Elena Sherman, a chemical engineer at Hughes Research Laboratories, who hopped roadblocks to check out the curvy road where the stale smell of burned brush from last week's fire still lingered.