February 18, 1985: West Yorkshire County Council donated PS153,000 towards restoring Huddersfield Narrow Canal to unblock it near Wakefield Road in Aspley.
What does HNC stand for?
HNC stands for Huddersfield Narrow Canal (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HNC
We have 61 other meanings of HNC in our Acronym Attic
- Hazardous Nomad Co-Op (gaming clan)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hecht-Nielsen Neurocomputing Corporation
- Hentai Ninja Clan
- Higher National Certificate (UK)
- Hockey Night in Canada
- Holistic Nurse Certified
- Honey Nut Cheerios (cereal)
- Hopkins-Nanjing Center (US/China joint educational program)
- Houma Navigation Canal
- Huntsville Engineering Support Center (Army Corps of Engineers)
- Hypernetted Chain Approximation
- Head and Neck Carcinoma (cancer)
- Head of News and Current Affairs
- Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board (Rancho Cordova, CA)
- Hua Nan Commercial Bank (Taiwan)
- Hamburg Network Composers' Collective (Germany)
- High-Speed Network Control Circuit
- Host Nation Coordination Cell
- Houghs Neck Community Council (Quincy, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He caught the reflection of the viaduct and nearby buildings in the Huddersfield narrow canal.
The Huddersfield Narrow Canal features distinctive very narrow locks and scales the heights of the Pennines with part of it being the highest stretch of canal in Britain.
Built between 1795 and 1799 by renowned canal engineer Benjamin Outram, the reservoir feeds the Huddersfield Narrow Canal.
A PERFORMANCE charting the history of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal can now be enjoyed on the move.
A MISTAKE by a boater has put Huddersfield Narrow Canal out of action.
The Huddersfield Narrow Canal and Huddersfield Canal Society have been awarded Heritage Lottery Fund support for its audio landscape project.
A witness told how the road was closed briefly to allow a six-vehicle convoy of police vehicles, including a mobile support unit, access to the Huddersfield Narrow Canal near the new Kirklees College building.