The area encompassed by the two regions is nearly half the size of the full moon as viewed from Earth and 70 times the original Hubble Deep Field North.
What does HDFN stand for?
HDFN stands for Hubble Deep Field North
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HDFN in our Acronym Attic
- High Definition Fish Imaging
- High Density Foam Insert (toolbox inserts)
- Hab Dich Fest Lieb (German)
- Heathcote District Football League (Victoria, Australia)
- High Desert Football League (semi-professional football league; California and Nevada)
- High-Dose Fluorouracil and Leucovorin (oncology)
- Human Development and Family LIfe
- Human Diploid Fibroblast-Like
- Hold Deck Forward Low
- Heavy Duty Floor Mats
- Human Development Foundation of North America
- High Density Filter Reader (Incogen software)
- High Dialysate Flow Rate
- Hard Freeze
- Hadoop Distributed File System
- Harley-Davidson Financial Services, Inc.
- Hellenic Duty Free Shop (Greek travel shop)
- High Density Fixed Services
- Hubble Deep Field-South
- Human Development and Family Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
Larger surveys of similar quality are needed to decide if the differences between Hubble Deep Field North and South are normal variations or whether one of the fields is atypical of the rest of the universe," Labbe says.
Many astronomers have used the data compiled from that region of sky, known as the Hubble Deep Field North, as a basis for further studies at a variety of wavelengths (SN: 1/20/96, p.
Spectra taken last year by the Hubble instrument confirmed that the galaxy, located in a region adjacent to the Hubble Deep Field North, has a redshift of 6.