Grammar reflects how language is influenced by human societies and offers keys to understanding how language works.
What does HLW stand for?
HLW stands for How Language Works
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HLW
We have 6 other meanings of HLW in our Acronym Attic
- Hypertensive Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
- High Level Virtual Machine
- Hind Limb Vascular Resistance
- Honey Lake Valley Resource Conservation District (Lassen County, CA)
- Heavy Lift Vertical Takeoff and Landing (aircraft)
- Heavy Logistics Vehicle Wheeled
- Herz Lungen Wiederbelebung (German: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- High Level Waste
- High Low Water (same as LW neaps)
- Honeder Lacher Wallner (Austria; software and web design firm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
introduces the branch of anthropology that studies language as it is used in real-life social contexts to graduate and undergraduate students of anthropology and related fields, but also to linguists who would like a different perspective, and even general readers curious about how language works in daily life.
Yet such content and pedagogies are far removed from the overarching goal of grammar: to understand how language works and why it works the way that it does.
His practice provides a way to consider how language works or doesn't work, "means" or doesn't "mean," and in the process becomes a consideration and theatricalization of how art itself works and means or doesn't.
The second half of the plan offer suggestions for creating a culture of literacy through story, unlocking the secrets of how language works, and using the physical environment to immerse students in literacy.
How Language Works David Crystal The Overlook Press 141 Wooster Street, New York, NY 10012 1585678481 $30.