In housing market renewal areas, for example, a common complaint from residents whose homes must be bought up under compulsory purchase powers is that the cash they've been offered is not enough to relocate elsewhere.
What does HMRA stand for?
HMRA stands for Housing Market Renewal Area (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HMRA
We have 3 other meanings of HMRA in our Acronym Attic
- Hornady Magnum Rimfire (ammunition)
- Hotel Motel Restaurant (hospitality Industry)
- Hour Meter Reading
- Human Mineralocorticoid Receptor (pharmaceutical industry)
- Human Resources
- Hungry Mind Review (literary journal)
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (Indian project)
- Marine Helicopter Transport Squadron (USMC)
- Hierarchical Multiple Regression Analysis
- Hotel Motel Restaurant Association (Ocean City, MD)
- Hyvots & Moredun Residents Association (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Hazardous Materials Response and Assessment Division
- Homeopathic Medicines Research Advisory Group
- Hazardous Materials Regulations Board
- Heritage Medical Research Building (Canada)
- Health Management Research Center (University of Michigan)
- Helicopter Multi-Role Computer
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (UK)
- Hierarchical Maximal Ratio Combining
- His Majesty's Royal Communications (Jordan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: JANET TANSLEY [bar] HE first homes built in the Housing Market Renewal area of Anfield and Breckfield have gone on sale.
Meanwhile, Birmingham's market is in scarcely better shape with pounds 10m of public sector money being earmarked to restart stuttering schemes which have stopped building and another pounds 11m of public funds set aside for the city's housing market renewal area.
The project, in a housing market renewal area, is giving residents access to ping pong tables, pocket parks, communal bin stores and a Homezone.
Those living in the Granby Housing Market Renewal area of Toxteth were speaking to developers and housing professionals about the regeneration plans for their area at a consultation event.
But, going by the prices the council has charged developers for land in other housing market renewal areas of the city, the land could be sold for as little as pounds 300,000.
2bn across the 12 housing market renewal areas to revive housing markets and regenerate communities through a combination of new and refurbished housing.
I do not know what evidence you have for this assertion but I would cite the examples of the West Midlands Joint Committee, the Wolverhampton-Telford Technology Corridor, the Black Country study, the Sandwell-Birmingham Housing Market Renewal area, the two cross boundary regeneration zones and the joint ownership of Birmingham Airport as just a few examples of good and effective crossboundary working.