housing market index and manufacturing data in New York both for April, as well as China's weak gross domestic product data for the January-March period, brokers said.
What does HMI stand for?
HMI stands for Housing Market Index (National Association of Home Builders)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HMI
We have 126 other meanings of HMI in our Acronym Attic
- Historic Manassas, Inc. (Virginia)
- Hoist Manufacturers Institute
- Holistic Management International (Albuquerque, NM)
- Homewood Musical Instrument Co. (Homewood, AL, USA)
- Horizontal Motion Index
- Horticultural Marketing Inspectorate (UK DEFRA)
- Host Message Interface
- Host Micro Interface
- Hotel Management International (EHMA publication)
- Housing Management Institute (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
builder confidence rose in the new single-family home market as in July by the greatest level in nearly a decade, led by improving market conditions and buyer traffic, according to the National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index, released Tuesday.
3) New home sales, (4) housing starts, (5) and the Housing Market Index (6) all peaked between mid-2005 and early 2006.
According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), the Housing Market Index rose by one point in August to 19, the highest level since May 2008.
Walters also points out that many indicators, including the National Association of Home Builders Housing Market Index, are back where they were before Lehman Brothers went bankrupt.
Builder confidence in the market for newly built, single-family homes notched up two points in July to its highest level since September 2008, according to the just released National Association of Home Builders/ Wells Fargo Housing Market Index (HMI).
The NAHB housing market index is the only scheduled fundamental release and the second tier indicator may not have a major impact on price action.
In other news, builder confidence in the market for newly built single-family homes remained unchanged in March, according to the latest NAHB/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index (HMI).