this, in turn, leads to enhanced household food security and increased household incomes for farmers, thus improving the lives of ethiopia~s poorest while enabling ethiopia to meet international agricutural standards.
What does HHFS stand for?
HHFS stands for Household Food Security
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HHFS in our Acronym Attic
- Household Flow of Funds
- Human Hacking Field Guide (short story)
- Hanover Habitat for Humanity (Mechanicsville, VA)
- Heartland Habitat for Humanity (Kansas City, KS)
- Houston Habitat for Humanity
- Heritage Health Foundation Inc. (Pennsylvania)
- Holiday Hospitality Franchising, Inc.
- Heron House Financial Management (UK business)
- Habitability and Human Factors Office (US NASA)
- Hasbrouck Heights Free Public Library
- Hunt Hill Farm Trust (New Milford, Connecticut)
- High Harmonic Fast Wave
- H. H. Gregg Appliances Inc.
- Headquarters and Headquarters Group
- Heinrich Heine Gymnasium (German; various locations)
- High Harmonic Generation (laser frequency conversion)
- Hirners Hotel Guide (directory)
- Hitchhiker G1 (project carrier, space shuttle)
- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
- Holy Hand Grenade
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The implementation programme resulted in increased conservation agricultural methods such as pearl millet, sorghum and cow pea by up to 500% at household level, boosting household food security.
Household Food Security in the United States in 2011.
2 percent increase in the export earnings of producing countries in 2011, significantly benefitting their rural incomes and household food security.
Household food security was measured using 10 adult-referenced questions and 8 child-referenced questions.
Afghan households coped with the sudden rise in food prices by cutting back on overall food consumption and, to a lesser extent, on calories consumed," concluded the study "Wheat Flour Price Shocks and Household Food Security in Afghanistan," by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Although humans are not at risk, "affected animals become too weak to be used to plough the soil or reap harvests, and farmers cannot sell the milk they produce, which can severely impact household food security," the FAO said.
Therefore it is essential to address it at multiple levels, including supporting household food security, changing existing feeding practices and providing minimum basic health and nutrition services.