Experts in this episode include Robert Blakey, Counsel, who was House Select Committee on Assassinations and is a member of the faculty of Notre Dame Law School; Philip Melanson, the Chancellor Professor of the Policy Studies Program at the University of Massachusetts and author of The Martin Luther King Assassination: New Revelations on the Conspiracy and Cover-Up, 1968-1991: William Pepper, attorney for James Earl Ray; Gerald Posner, an attorney, writer and contributor to national news programs and author of nine books including Killing the Dream: James Earl Ray and the Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
What does HSCA stand for?
HSCA stands for House Select Committee on Assassinations
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HSCA
We have 54 other meanings of HSCA in our Acronym Attic
- Heat Shock Cognate 70 kDa Protein 1
- Heat Shock Cognate 70 kDa Protein
- Heat Shock Cognate Protein 73
- Heat Shock Cognate 80 Gene
- Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Hawaii State Chiropractic Association
- Hazardous Substances Control Act
- Health and Social Care Act (UK)
- High School Culinary Arts
- High Street Christian Academy (Philadelphia, PA)
- Hawaii State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Center for Hydrology, Soil Climatology and Remote Sensing (Alabama Agriculture & Mining University)
- Harbor Springs Community Band (Harbor Springs, MI)
- Health Science Center at Brooklyn (Foundation, Inc)
- High-Speed Circuit Breaker
- Holly Springs Community Band (Holly Springs, NC)
- Hot Springs Concert Band (Hot Springs, AR)
- Human Social Cultural Behavior (US DoD modeling and simulation)
- high speed channel bank assembly
- Houston-Stewart County Beekeepers Association (Tennessee)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As a former senior official who had once enjoyed access to virtually all of the agency's files on Oswald, he greatly interested the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA).
A 1979 report by the House Select Committee on Assassinations said that Mafia leaders may have ordered Kennedy killed for acting against organized crime.
House Select Committee on Assassinations tested the rifle in the 1970s, but could not establish beyond a scientific doubt that it was the murder weapon.
The animators used survey data, photographs and films taken at the time of the assassination, lists of bullet trajectories and wound locations specified by assassination theorists, the Warren Commission and the House Select Committee on Assassinations as further research material to help re-create Dealey Plaza on that fateful day.
Robert Tanenbaum, former deputy counsel for the House Select Committee on Assassinations during the late 1970s, encouraged the board to settle for nothing less than the complete, unaltered release of documents now held by agencies including the FBI and CIA.
In order to visually present the event from a variety of witness positions, a team of forensic animators using Silicon Graphic workstations recreated the assassination in a 3-D, computer-animated model using survey data, photographs and digital films taken at the time of the assassination and lists of bullet trajectories and wound locations specified by assassination theorists, the Warren Commission and the House Select Committee on Assassinations.
Chairman, I feel strongly that the files -- particularly those developed in the course of hearings by the House Select Committee on Assassinations -- relating to the assassination of Martin Luther King should be similarly unsealed.