He initiated the effort to restore the House Internal Security Committee and other important security bodies.
What does HISC stand for?
HISC stands for House Internal Security Committee (US House of Representatives)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HISC
We have 15 other meanings of HISC in our Acronym Attic
- Hughes Integrated Surveillance and Reconnaissance (flight surveillance system)
- Harris Interactive Service Bureau (marketing; various locations)
- Health Information Standards Board (American National Standards Institute)
- Healthcare Informatics Standards Board (American National Standards Institute)
- Hawaii Invasive Species Council
- Health Information Solutions Centre (Canada)
- Healthcare Improvement Skills Center (online resource)
- High-density Instruction Set Computer
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Hornet International Steering Committee (aircraft)
- Hydrogen Induced Stress Cracking
- Health Information Standards Committee for Alberta (Canada)
- High Impact Supply Chain Assessment (Computer Sciences Corporation)
- Heliosphere Instrument for Spectra, Composition, and Anisotropy at Low Energies
- Healthcare Information Standards Coordinating Committee
- Hydrogen-Induced Stress Corrosion Cracking
- Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce (San Diego, CA)
- Historical International Standard Classification of Occupations (Leuven, Belgium)
- Herbarium Information Systems Committee (Australia)
- Harlandale Independent School District (San Antonio, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Their campaign included efforts to reform our immigration laws and pass legislation to reestablish the House Internal Security Committee (HISC).
But the House Committee on Un-American Activities and its successor, the House Internal Security Committee, were abolished.