Anti-mite barrier covers can be bought to enclose the mattress and pillows, to prevent contact between the person and house dust mite allergen.
What does HDMA stand for?
HDMA stands for House Dust Mite Allergen
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HDMA
We have 13 other meanings of HDMA in our Acronym Attic
- Hypermedia Design Methodology
- Hypothetico-Deductive Method
- Hand Drawn Map Association (website)
- Healthcare Distribution Management Association (United States; formerly National Wholesale Druggists Association)
- Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association
- High Definition Master Audio
- High-Dose Megestrol Acetate
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act of 1975 (real estate)
- Horizontal Direct Memory Access
- Haifa District Municipal Association for the Environment (est. 1983; Haifa, Israel)
- How Does My Answer Make Me Feel (Worldwide Marriage Encounter)
- Hrvatsko Društvo Medicinskih Biokemicara (Croatian Society of Medical Biochemists)
- Hajnowskich Dni Muzyki Cerkiewnej (Polish)
- Harley-Davidson Motor Company (Milwaukee, WI)
- Heaven's Devils Motorcycle Club
- Hi-Desert Medical Center (Joshua Tree, CA)
- Hierarchical Digital Modulation Classification
- High-Deliverability, Multi-Cycle (gas storage)
- Hiram Davis Medical Center (Petersburg, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The team found that DC-SIGN binds to major allergen from house dust mite (Der p 1) and dogs (Can f 1) and seems to play a regulatory role in the allergic response to house dust mite allergens.
Group II house dust mite allergens are heat labile and destroyed by boiling water.
Variability of house dust mite allergen exposure in dwellings.
If either cat or house dust mite allergens pro duce a positive reaction, no further testing is needed.
In "Distribution and determinants of house dust mite allergen in Europe: The European Community Respiratory Health Survey II," Jan-Paul Zock, PhD, Municipal Institute of Medical Research, Barcelona, Spain, and colleagues looked to determine the distribution of two common house dust mites and what conditions would affect the level of those allergens in each home.
Toxicological research has characterized several components of air pollution, including particulate matter (PM), gaseous elements such as ozone, microbial products including endotoxin, heavy metals, and indoor and outdoor allergens such as house dust mite allergen and ragweed.
The sheep model is also similar to humans in the size of the animal; the ability to deliver drugs in a similar ways to humans (inhalation); being able to compare the delivery of a drug to one lung, while using the other as a control and in their immune responses to both drugs and house dust mite allergen.