Papers address specific topics such as model-based testing with architecture models, clause symmetry in a distributed bounded model checking algorithm, model-based cyber security, and alert fusion for a computer host-based intrusion detection system.
What does HIDS stand for?
HIDS stands for Host-based Intrusion Detection System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HIDS
We have 8 other meanings of HIDS in our Acronym Attic
- Hanford Internal Dosimetry Program (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)
- Human Interaction Design Protocol (project which examines the role of the graphic designer in the tech sector)
- Hypervelocity Impacts and Dusty Plasmas Lab (Baylor University; Waco, TX)
- Hrvatska Informacijsko Dokumentacijska Referalna Agencija (Croatian: Croatian Information and Documentation Referral Agency; Zagreb, Croatia)
- Handheld Integrated Directional Receiver And Homing
- Headquarters Information Distribution System (Canadian Army)
- High-Intensity Double-Surface (phototherapy)
- Hindustan Institute of Dental Sciences (New Delhi, India)
- Honda Intelligent Drive Support
- Host Intrusion Detection Systems
- Hyperimmunoglobulinemia D Syndrome (genetic disorder)
- Helmet Integrated Display & Sight System
- Helmet Interface Display Sighting Sub-System
- High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (US DoD)
- Hospital Infantil Darcy Vargas (Portuguese: Children's Hospital Darcy Vargas)
- Hemispheric Institute Digital Video Library
- Al-Hassan Industrial Estate
- Elliptical Metal Halide (lighting)
- Hazard Identification and Evaluation (more commonly abbreviated HI&E)
- Health Informatics Europe (journal)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During his tenure at Enterasys he successfully launched a channel partnership with IBM Global Services that included network and host-based intrusion detection systems (IDS).
Like host-based intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention software constantly monitors the operating system log files for suspicious activity, such as ordinary users conducting activity more commonly associated with systems administrators.
3, a host-based intrusion detection system that monitors networks for security breaches.
Cisco VMS is a complete solution that combines web-based applications for configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting enterprise VPNs, firewall security, and network and host-based intrusion detection systems (IDSs).
It will integrate ITI's ID-Trak with its existing intrusion detection products which it claims will make it the first vendor to offer customers a network-based and cross platform host-based intrusion detection system that can be managed and controlled from one console.
4: Use network intrusion detection systems, host-based intrusion detection systems, and intrusion prevention systems to monitor all network traffic and alert personnel to suspected compromises.
Version 3 is a host-based intrusion detection system that monitors a network for security breaches and reports them to an administrator in real-time.