SunTech's dial-up network processing technology handles ATM transactions via a Host Interface Processor ("HIP"), which emulates the same connectivity that exists in a leased line environment without costly hardware and software modifications to the ATM network.
What does HIP stand for?
HIP stands for Host Interface Processor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HIP
We have 318 other meanings of HIP in our Acronym Attic
- Home Inspector Pro (inspection software)
- Home Installation Professionals
- Home Investment Package (Anaheim, CA Public Utilities Department)
- Homeless Initiative Partnership (Florida)
- Homes in Partnership, Inc.
- Hoover Institution Press
- Hormone and Information Processing (study)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Hospital Infections Program (US CDC)
- Host Identity Protocol
- Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System
- Hot Isostatic Pressing
- Housing Initiatives Program (various organizations)
- Howitzer Improvement Program
- HRU Interface Processor
- Hrvatski Istinski Preporod (Croatian True Revival Party)
- HSSI Interface Processor (Cisco)
- Human Information Processing
- Human Interactive Proof
- Human Interface Parser
Samples in periodicals archive:
BB&T will use the TNS TransXpress(R) 1000 modem and the TNS Host Interface Processor to convert approximately 250 ATMs from multi-drop leased lines to a dial-up network.
TNS' network transport technology handles dial-up ATM transactions via a Host Interface Processor (HIP), which emulates the same connectivity that exists in a leased line environment.