We address this question by exploiting a natural experiment in the Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration (HQID), a national P4P demonstration implemented by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Premier Inc.
What does HQID stand for?
HQID stands for Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Half-Quarter Horse Registry of America (Saugus, CA)
- High Quality Habitat Sites (wildlife designation)
- Habitat Quality Index
- Halogen Quartz Iodide (lighting)
- Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Housing Quality Indicator
- Hydrargyrum Quartz Iodide (lighting)
- Hydro-Quebec International (Canada)
- Hannan-Quinn Information Criterion (statistics)
- Helmut Quirxtner International Consulting (Austria)
- Headquarters, Integrated Facilities System
- Have Quick II
- Hospital Quality Improvement Project (Cincinnati, OH)
- Healthcare Quality Improvement Resources
- Healthcare Quality Initiatives Review Panel (US Department of Defense)
- Healthcare Quality Information System
- Heart Qi Insufficiency Syndrome
- Headquarters, Information Systems Engineering Command (US Army)
- High-Quality Job Creation Program (Iowa Department of Economic Development; Des Moines, IA)
- High Quality Job Creation Act (Iowa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Indeed, Premier healthcare alliance's core program in this area, the CMS/Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration (HQID) program, which was launched collaboratively by Premier and the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in October 2003, has seen more than six years of impressive results, including an overall improvement in measured patient care quality of an average of 17.
This is the second consecutive year that Aurora has been the top performing health system in the Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration project that involves 250 hospitals from across the country.
The source of their research data is the Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration that originally operated for 3 years from October 1, 2003--September 30, 2006, and is presently continuing under an extension through 2009.
A recent CMS-sponsored demonstration program, the Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration (PHQID), was introduced with the goal of significantly improving quality in incentivized areas in response to P4P incentive payments tied to hospital performance measured for five common medical and surgical admissions (CMS 2008).
Premier healthcare alliance's core program in this area, the CMS/Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration (HQID) program, has seen an overall average improvement in measured patient care quality of 17 percent during the first four years of the HQID demonstration project.
Aurora Health Care has been one of the top performing health care systems since the Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration project's inception four years ago.
Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration (PHQID) (Ryan 2010).