In such cases, hospital liaison committees established by the Watch Tower Society, the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, are called in to support patients and have details at hand of hospitals and doctors experienced in carrying out 'bloodless" medical procedures.
What does HLC stand for?
HLC stands for Hospital Liaison Committee
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HLC
We have 147 other meanings of HLC in our Acronym Attic
- High Level Control
- High Light Compensation
- Higher Learning Commission
- Historic Landscape Character(isation) (UK)
- Historic Lotus Club (automotive group)
- Home Loan Consultant
- Home Loans Canada (CIBC Mortgages and Lending, Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Home Office II Line Card (Nortel)
- Honolulu Liquor Commission (Honolulu, HI)
- Hope Lutheran Church (various locations)
- Host LAN Computer
- Host LAN Controller
- Household Life Cycle (marketing)
- Housing Leadership Council
- Housing Legal Clinic (Australia)
- Humanitarian Law Center (Kosovo)
- Huntsville Lakes Council (Canada)
- Haliburton Lake Cottagers' Association
- Heart Lake Conservation Area (Canada)
- Higgins Lake Civic Association (Higgins Lake, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In emergency cases where there was an issue between the patient and doctor, the Jehovah's Witnesses' hospital liaison committee would be called in to mediate.
Mr O'Farrell added: "We believe there are alternatives to blood transfusion and that's why we have our hospital liaison committee.