A project commissioned by the Horticultural Development Council (HDC) and carried out by Bangor University, found yield was a key factor in determining the level of greenhouse gas emitted in the production of tomatoes.
What does HDC stand for?
HDC stands for Horticultural Development Council (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HDC
We have 226 other meanings of HDC in our Acronym Attic
- Historical Data Collection (IBM)
- Hold-Down Clip (various companies)
- Holder in Due Course (legal)
- Hollandse Dagblad Combinatie
- Home Design Center (various locations)
- Home Detention Curfew (UK criminal system)
- Homier Distributing Company (Huntington, IN)
- Honeysuckle Development Corporation (New South Wales; Australia)
- Horowhenua District Council (New Zealand)
- Hors de Combat (French: Outside the Fight)
- Hot Dog Cart
- Hotel del Coronado
- Hotel Development Council
- Housing Development Corporation (New York, NY)
- Houston Dow Center
- Hybrid Driver Controller
- Hydrodynamic Chromatography (analytical chemistry)
- Hydroelectric Design Center (US Army Corps of Engineers)
- High dose Chemotherapy with Autologous Bone Marrow Transplants
- Harley Davidson Club Almkerk (Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The original work was funded by the Natural Environment Research Council and the Horticultural Development Council.
And Scott Raffle, of the Horticultural Development Council, said growers may have to look at varieties from hotter countries such as Spain.
However, faced with increasing public and environmental pressure against the destruction of boglands for peat extraction, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and the mushroom industry, through the Horticultural Development Council (HDC), have provided [pounds]350,000 of funding to research alternatives.
The Horticultural Development Council is stepping up its campaign to promote seasonal fruit and veg with a recipe calendar.
He was appointed by the Government as the chair designate of the new body, which will replace the five existing levy boards - the British Potato Council, the Meat and Livestock Commission, the Milk Development Council, the Horticultural Development Council and the Home Grown Cereals Authority - in April 2008.
However, faced with increasing public and environmental pressure against the destruction of boglands for peat extraction, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and the mushroom industry, through the Horticultural Development Council, have provided around pounds 350,000 of funding to research alternatives.
Research from the Bangor project, funded by British growers through the Horticultural Development Council, UK retailers and the FPC provided the evidence needed to get the Government's 'fruit for schoolchildren scheme' off the ground.