102372, 2010 WL 572082 (Ill Sup Ct) (hereinafter McKown II), the Illinois Supreme Court handed both sides a victory with respect to horizontal gaze nystagmus (HGN) test results in DUI prosecutions.
What does HGN stand for?
HGN stands for Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of HGN
We have 5 other meanings of HGN in our Acronym Attic
- Human Granulocyte-Macrophage Receptor
- Hefei General Machinery Research Institute (China)
- High-Gradient Magnetic Separation
- Houston Gem and Mineral Society (geology; Houston, TX)
- Heterotopic Gastric Mucosa in the Upper Esophagus
- Harligen (Amtrak station code; Harligen, TX)
- Healthy Gay Nottingham (UK)
- Heralds of Good News (Catholic missionary society)
- Hildebrand Grid Nebulizer
- Home Gambling Network
- Mae Hong Son, Thailand - Mae Hong Son (Airport Code)
- Hugo Gene Nomenclature Committee
- Human Gene Nomenclature Committee
- Hitachi-GE (General Electric) Nuclear Energy, Ltd. (Japan)
- Hartford Geriatric Nursing Initiative
- Heart Gallery of New Jersey (to raise awareness about foster children)
- Hypotheek Groep Noord Nederland (Dutch: Group Mortgage Northern Ireland)
- Hulbert Gold Newsletter Sentiment Index
- Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test
- Het Groot Niet Te Vermijden (Dutch: The Grand Failure to Avoid; band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Drivers are asked to recite the alphabet, stand on one leg, complete a nine-step heel-to-toe walk and watch as a pen is moved in front of them as part of a horizontal gaze nystagmus test.
Cummings was then given a horizontal gaze nystagmus test.
Duteau failed all three field sobriety tests: the horizontal gaze nystagmus, the nine-step walk and turn, and the one-leg stand.
After he was stopped by a police officer, Leahy failed a horizontal gaze nystagmus (HGN) test, which measures eye movement.