I've been in relationships with people I've been hopelessly in love with - with the emphasis on hopelessly - and I've still not been able to make it work.
What does HIL stand for?
HIL stands for Hopelessly in Love
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of HIL
We have 37 other meanings of HIL in our Acronym Attic
- Hierarchical Interactive Knowledge System (web-based learning)
- Hardware In Loop
- Hazel InfoTech Ltd. (software company; India)
- He Is Legend (band)
- Health Informatics Laboratory (various locations)
- Health Information Library (various locations)
- Heavy Ion Laboratory (Warsaw, Poland)
- Hiroshi Ishiguro Laboratories (Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International; Japan)
- Hold Item List
- Home Improvement Loan
- Horizontal Integrity Limit (GPS)
- How Is Life
- Human Interface Link
- Humedica International Lanka (Sri Lanka)
- Hispanic Latin America
- Hague Initiative on Law and Armed Conflict (various organizations; Netherlands)
- Hamilton Indoor Leisure and Aquatic Centre (Hamilton, VIC, Australia)
- Heavy Ion Linear Accelerator
- High-Value Asset Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
He falls hopelessly in love with the beautiful Roxane, but she's enamoured with dashing soldier Christian de Neu villette.
He is himself a naive young man who fell hopelessly in love with this young lady.
Stuff that I use every day, and that within the past year or so I've fallen so deeply and hopelessly in love with that I can't live without them," says Scott Kelby, host of the wildly popular weekly series Adobe[R] Photoshop[R] TV (http://www.
Usually, they are mere ornamentation, rarely developed as characters beyond their ability to fill out a skimpy outfit and to fall hopelessly in love with 007.
William Overbeck (William Sadler), falls hopelessly in love with beautiful Officer Julie Ford (Jessica Lundy) and teams with Ulysses, a trained chimpanzee.
John is hopelessly in love with Vivian (Gong), a mainland refugee who is more hopefully in love with the successful local businessman she lives with, Chang (Michael Hui), but who will never be able to marry him because of her prostitute past.
The comic opera tells the story of hapless Nemorino, hopelessly in love with Adina, a wealthy village girl.