The more generous of these credits, the Hope Scholarship Credit, limited to $1,800 per year, applied only to the first two years of higher education.
What does HSC stand for?
HSC stands for Hope Scholarship Credit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HSC
We have 501 other meanings of HSC in our Acronym Attic
- Home Safety Council
- Home School Committee (UK)
- Home Shopping Club
- Home Station Check
- Home Study Course
- Homeland Security Committee (various organizations)
- Homeland Security Council (US government)
- HomeSchool Association of California
- Honda of South Carolina (Timmonsville, SC)
- Honda Sports Concept
- Horizontal Split-Case (centrifugal pump)
- Hornsby Shire Council (Australia)
- Hospital for Sick Children (Toronto, Canada)
- Hospitality Sign Company (now hotelsigns.com)
- Host Software Component
- Hot Spring County (Arkansas)
- Hot Swap Controller
- House Science Committee (US Congress)
- Housing Scrutiny Committee (UK)
- Housing Service Center (U.S. Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Unlike its predecessor, the Hope scholarship credit, the AOTC is partially refundable up to $1,000 (40% of $2,500) (Sec.
For 2009 and 2010, the HOPE Scholarship Credit has been replaced by the more generous American Opportunity Credit.
Financial aid plus Hope Scholarship Credits and Lifetime Learning Credits.
This "deduction" may not be taken in the same year that the Hope Scholarship Credit and Lifetime Learning Credit are taken for the same student.
The eligibility requirements for these credits take the following forms: The Hope Scholarship Credit provides a maximum nonrefundable tax credit of $1,500 per student for each of the first two years of post-secondary education.
IN OTHER INSTANCES, THE EXTRA INCOME FROM a capital gain could cause a taxpayer to lose the benefits of certain tax credits, such as the Hope Scholarship Credit or the Life-time Learning Credit.
Taxpayers will still be eligible to claim a Hope Scholarship Credit or Lifetime Learning Credit for qualified tuition and related expenses that are paid with a withdrawal from the TSA.