The National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling were developed by a national advisory council of industry stakeholders, including Fannie Mae, and spearheaded by the NeighborWorks(R) Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling.
What does HEC stand for?
HEC stands for Homeownership Education and Counseling (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HEC
We have 266 other meanings of HEC in our Acronym Attic
- Higher Education Challenge (USDA)
- Higher Education Commission (Pakistan)
- Higher Education Consortium for Mathematics and Science (Florida, USA)
- Higher Education Corporation
- Higher Education Council
- Hippocampal-Entorhinal Cortex (neurology)
- Hispanic Education Coalition
- Home Entertainment Center
- Home Entertainment Channel
- Home Equity Conversion (finance)
- Horizon Emergency Care
- Horizons Educational Concepts
- Horry Electric Cooperative (Conway, SC)
- House Ethics Committee (US Congress)
- Human Endometrial Cancer (cells)
- Human Endothelial Cell
- Human Equivalent Concentration
- Huntsville Engineering Center
- Hybrid Electronic Instrument Cluster (automotive)
- Hydrologic Engineering Center (Davis, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
By incorporating these standards, non-profit organizations help promote an accepted level of performance for homeownership education and counseling nationwide.
has awarded twenty-six scholarships to attend homeownership education and counseling courses at the upcoming NeighborWorks(R) Training Institute in Dallas, Tex.
The center provides homeownership education and counseling designed specifically for homeowners who are behind or anticipate becoming behind on their mortgage payments.
The newly released National Industry Foreclosure Counseling Standards are an integral component of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling and National Industry Code of Ethics and Conduct (launched in May 2007).
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that will enable the NeighborWorks([R]) Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling (NCHEC) and the NeighborWorks([R]) Training Institute to provide housing counseling training and certification to professionals in the field and housing counseling support grants to over 100 NeighborWorks organizations around the country.
WASHINGTON -- A group of leaders from lending institutions, community development organizations including NeighborWorks[R] America, real estate, mortgage insurance companies and the secondary mortgage market today released national standards for consumer homeownership education and counseling that if broadly adopted will help prevent in the future the wave of foreclosures that the housing market is experiencing today.
Housing and community development organizations around the country use the funds to increase homeownership, produce and manage affordable, high-quality rental properties, empower consumers through financial literacy and homeownership education and counseling, stem the tide of foreclosures that threaten neighborhoods and local economies, and revitalize and strengthen communities.