Matthew Broderick, then the director of the Homeland Security Operations Center in Washington, explained to Eric Lipton of The New York Times.
What does HSOC stand for?
HSOC stands for Homeland Security Operations Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HSOC
We have 5 other meanings of HSOC in our Acronym Attic
- Hospital Salaried Officer Award (Australia)
- Hospital Salaried Officers Association (trade union; Australia)
- Hart Senate Office Building
- High School Old Boys (rugby club; UK)
- Historical Statistics on Banking (est. 1934)
- High Strength Oval Chain (Bobcat)
- Higher State of Consciousness (Josh Wink song)
- Hilux Surf Owners Club (Toyota off-roading; Japan)
- Hokkaido Subaru Owners Club (Japanese car club)
- Home Station Operations Center
- Honda Shadow Owners Club (UK)
- Hours Since Oil Change
- Humane Society of Ocean City (Ocean City, NJ)
- Hawaii Services on Deafness
- Health Services Overlay District (Winchester, MA)
- Health Status Outcome Dimensions (health care analysis)
- Heavenly Shades of Death (metal band)
- Howard Stern on Demand
- Human Superoxide Dismutase
- Handy School and Office Edition (Webster's Dictionary of the English Language)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 600-plus-page report lays primary fault with the passive reaction and misjudgments of top Bush aides, singling out Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, the Homeland Security Operations Center and the White House Homeland Security Council, according to a 60-page summary of the document obtained by The Washington Post.
The off-site tours of the Homeland Security Operations Center and the Transportation Security Operations Center included briefings on intelligence gathering and sharing among agencies and levels of government.
USP3 is an unclassified network that immediately provides the Department's Homeland Security Operations Center with one-stop, 24/7 access to a broad spectrum of industries, agencies and critical infrastructure across both the public and private sectors, including chemical facilities.
We also have established a 24/7 [defense] presence in the DHS homeland security operations center with direct connectivity back to [this department] for rapid response.
DHS: Homeland Security operations center - which is a consolidated emphasis on developing the capability for HSOC, and is budgeted for $38 million of new funding.