FEMA State and Local Programs, which include Urban Area Security Initiative grants and the State Homeland Security Grant program, would be cut by $183 million; these programs are now funded at $2.
What does HSGP stand for?
HSGP stands for Homeland Security Grant Program (US Dept of Homeland Security)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HSGP
We have 2 other meanings of HSGP in our Acronym Attic
- Humane Society of Greater Dayton (Ohio)
- High Speed Gel Filtration
- Human skeletal Growth Factor
- Hybrid Suspended Gate Field Effect Transistor
- Hydrologic Sciences Graduate Group
- Heads of State and Government Implementation Committee
- Humane Society of Greater Kansas City
- Honorary Sergeant Major of the Regiment
- Humane Society of Greater Miami
- High School Game of the Week
- Humanist Society of Greater Phoenix (Arizona)
- High School Grade Point Average (also seen as HS GPA)
- High School Graduation Qualifying Examination
- High School Graduation Requirements (California Department of Education)
- High Speed Global Ring (Navy terrestrial connectivity bundled together forming an OC3 or OC12.)
- High School for Gifted Student (Vietnam)
- Huron Shores Genealogical Society (Oscoda Michigan)
- Heterotopic Salivary Gland Tissue (otolaryngology)
- High School Graduation Test
- High-Speed Ground Transport
Samples in periodicals archive:
In what can be considered a victory for first responders across the nation, last week both the House and Senate Committees on Appropriations marked up legislation that rejected an Obama Administration proposal to consolidate 16 State and Local Homeland Security Grant Programs into one state-centric grant program called the National Preparedness Grant Program (NPGP).
Recommendation: To help these voluntary organizations better prepare for providing mass care in major and catastrophic disasters, the Secretary of Homeland Security should direct the Administrator of FEMA to clarify the Homeland Security Grant Program funding guidance for states so it is clear that voluntary organizations and local Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOADs) are among those eligible to be subgrantees under the program.
At first mass transit received its security funding through the broad State Homeland Security Grant Programs.
They examined the distribution of federal funds for the State Homeland Security Grant Program (for planning, training, equipment and exercises) and the Urban Areas Security Initiative (for high risk urban areas) and developed specific recommendations to expedite the process.
The renamed Homeland Security Grant Program will consolidate several grant projects and have a total of $2.
7 billion Homeland Security Grant Program is riddled with wasteful spending.
I am very concerned to receive this letter from such a wide range of groups that says that the department did not consult with them in coming up with what are indeed substantial changes in the homeland security grant program," Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee Ranking Member Susan Collins (R-Maine) said to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano during a March 20 hearing.