As consumers begin the transition to the new Wi-Fi technology, Linksys is introducing a solution that not only includes a powerful product, but has new innovation that enables them to stay connected to their devices and home wireless networks from anywhere, any time.
What does HWN stand for?
HWN stands for Home Wireless Network
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HWN
We have 1 other meaning of HWN in our Acronym Attic
- Henry Wilson Memorial School (Farmington, NH)
- Highlander Way Middle School
- Hall for Workshop of Meta Synthetic Engineering
- Hanford Waste Management Technology Plan
- Hazardous Waste Management Unit
- Heart of West Michigan United Way (Grand Rapids, MI)
- High-Watermark Vector (domain controllers)
- Harsh Wall Noise (music)
- Hawaiian Wholesale Network (heirloom jewelry sales)
- High Water Neaps
- Hurricane Watch Net (amateur radio; est. 1965)
- Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe - Hwange National Park (Airport Code)
- Heterogeneous Wireless Networks Resource Management and QoS (Quality of Service; IEEE)
- Huron Woods Nursing Center (Michigan)
- He Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned (college basketball coach Eddie Sutton)
- Handle to A Window (Windows programming)
- Hardcore Will Never Die
- Heavy Water Neutron Irradiation Facility (Kyoto University Research Reactor; Japan)
- He Whose Name Is Not Spoken
- Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary (Hawaii)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the proliferation of connected devices in the home, consumers today increasingly rely on the strength and stability of their home wireless network," said Ali Ahmar, regional director, ME - CBU, Netgear.
The V-Zone + is also configurable as a hotspot for home wireless network expandability, and features NAS functionality to allow drag and drop capability to your V-Zone +.
But, the researchers said that the owners of household robots can do some simple things to significantly increase their security, such as turning on encryption for a home wireless network, and disabling Internet access to the robot's controls.
The product provides text messaging with no monthly or per-message fees and supports all the major instant messaging (IM) platforms--AOL, Yahoo and MSN--through Wi-Fi spots from a home wireless network or any open or free wireless hot spots.
MAC invaders I run my home wireless network from a D-Link DI-624 wireless router, and access is restricted by passwords and MAC address filtering.
But along with the surge of excitement for the inexpensive home wireless network is a new fear: wardriving.
British Telecom yesterday said it will next year introduce a range of wireless home networking products to the UK residential and small office markets, based on products co-developed with Atlanta, Georgia-based Home Wireless Networks Inc (HWN).