The Home Office tests established that, although Speed Check Services Ltd, which operates the cameras, had not set up the SVDD in accordance with Home Office Type Approval, it accurately monitored the speed of vehicles travelling in the third lane of the motorway.
What does HOTA stand for?
HOTA stands for Home Office Type Approval (Home Office certification process; UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HOTA
We have 8 other meanings of HOTA in our Acronym Attic
- House of Thule (gaming; EverQuest)
- House Of Toast
- House of Tools
- House of Trust (song)
- HUP (Hirschman Uncertainty Principle) Optimal Transform
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Hypertension Optimal Treatment
- Heart of the Alliance (FanForce gaming group)
- History of the Americas
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Human Organ Transplant Act (Singpore)
- Humberside Offshore Training Association (UK)
- Hotel Accommodation (travel/airline)
- Heritage of the Ancient Ones (Florida)
- Heads of Treasuries Accounting and Reporting Advisory Committee (Australia)
- Hands-On Throttle & Stick (flight simulation joysticks)
- Heart of the Beholder (film)
- Handing on Tradition by Electronic Dissemination (UK)
- Higher-Order Table-Based Method
Samples in periodicals archive:
Speed Violation Detection Deterrent (SVDD) is the name given to the unique technology the SPECS system is based upon which gained Home Office Type Approval (HOTA) in April 1999.
It is the name given to the unique technology the SPECS system is based upon which has gained Home Office Type Approval (HOTA).