Another evaluation, of the Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youngsters (a program that uses a home-visiting approach to prepare 4- and 5-year-old children whose parents have limited formal education for kindergarten), found that the program appeared to have a statistically significant and educationally meaningful impact on children's cognitive skills, classroom adaptation, and standardized test achievement in some cohorts, but no impact in other cohorts (Baker, Piotrkowski, & Brooks-Gunn, 1999).
What does HIPPY stand for?
HIPPY stands for Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youngsters (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HIPPY
We have 1 other meaning of HIPPY in our Acronym Attic
- Headquarters Information Program Planning Office
- Help International Plant Protein Organisation (UK)
- Helping Improve Pediatric Practice Outcomes (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Highest Paid Person's Opinion
- Health Information Packet Posted On Seat
- High Performance Parallel Processor Interface
- Health Insurance Prospective Payment System
- High Integrity Pipeline Protection System (International Electrotechnical Commission Standards IEC 61511 and 61508)
- High Integrity Pressure Protection System (International Electrotechnical Commission Standards IEC 61511 and 61508)
- Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters
- Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (Australia)
- Health Insurance Premium Reimbursement
- Hedged Income Portfolio Review (investing)
- Honan Intraocular Pressure Reducer
- Hostile Intent: Phoenix Rising (video game)
- Hot In-Place Recycling (pavement)
- Hypermedia Image Processing Reference
- High-Speed Digital Processor Architecture
- Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center
- High Internal Phase Ratio Emulsion
Samples in periodicals archive:
25,000 Citizenship Council of Manitoba Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youngsters.
Miriam Westheimer, from the National Council of Jewish Women, spoke about the Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youngsters (H.