NASDAQ: GTIV), the largest provider of home health and hospice services in the United States based on revenue, announced today that it has been advised by the staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission that the investigation by the SEC related to the Company's participation in the Medicare Home Health Prospective Payment System has been completed and that the staff does not intend to recommend any enforcement action by the SEC.
What does HHPPS stand for?
HHPPS stands for Home Health Prospective Payment System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Herbert Hoover Presidential Library Association (West Branch, Iowa)
- Human Hepatocyte Plasma Membranes
- Hydraulic High Pressure Nebulization
- Historic Hyde Park Neighborhood Association (Tampa, FL)
- Hispanic Health Professions Organization
- Houston Healthcare Purchasing Organization (Texas)
- Halton Hills Power Partners (joint venture; Canada)
- Hispaniarum Provinciae (Latin: Provinces of the Spains, epigraphy)
- Home Hospice Patient Pain Assessment Instrument
- Hilton Head Plantation Property Owners Association
- Harper Houf Peterson Righellis, Inc
- Harvard Health Policy Review (Cambridge, MA)
- Health, Human Performance and Recreation
- Heinz Heisters Public Relations (Austria)
- Homines Hostes Populi Romani (Latin: People Hostil to the Romans, epigraphy)
- Hazardous Household Product Symbols
- Hemel Hempstead Photographic Society (Hertfordshire, UK)
- Healing Hands Physical Therapy (Louisville, KY)
- High Heels Poker Tour
- Hydraulic Hybrid Power Train (automotive industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The home health prospective payment system would continue to reduce the use of home health care overall because it was designed to continue the interim payment system cuts.
GAO-04-359 February 27, 2004 Under Medicare's home health prospective payment system (PPS), home health agencies (HHA) are paid a fixed amount, adjusted for differences in individual patients' expected care needs, for providing an episode (up to 60 days) of care.
The bill would establish long term home aide-type care for dependent individuals and long term care for frail individuals if such care would allow them to stay at home; substitute adult day care services for home health services when appropriate; and provide $250 million per year for extra home health payments for difficult cases served before the start of the home health prospective payment system.
On July 1, 2010, Almost Family announced it received a civil subpoena for documents and notice of investigation from the Securities and Exchange Commission seeking documents related to the Company's home health care services and operations, including reimbursements under the Medicare home health prospective payment system, since January 1, 2000.
Representative David McKinley (R-1st, WV) for publicly expressing his concern that changes to the home health prospective payment system (HHPPS) could seriously impact home healthcare in West Virginia, having "ruinous consequences for patients dependent on skilled home health services and the providers who serve them.
The new code is subject to the consolidated billing provision of the Skilled Nursing Facility Prospective Payment System and Home Health Prospective Payment System in which a nursing home or home health agency can add the use of the Diapulse(R) Wound Treatment System(TM).
This proposed rule contains the first refinements to the Medicare home health prospective payment system (HH PPS) since 2000 and also contains the annual update to the Medicare HH PPS payment rates.