During these most holy days, let us remember to pray for peace for the whole world and especially as our eyes are turned to Bethlehem, the birthplace of our Lord and Savior, we remember what the Angel Gabriel said to the Holy Mother of God "nothing will be impossible with God.
What does HMG stand for?
HMG stands for Holy Mother of God (Internet slang)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of HMG
We have 180 other meanings of HMG in our Acronym Attic
- Her/His Majesty's Government (British Government)
- Heritage Medical Group (Pennsylvania)
- Herring Media Group, Inc.
- Heschong Mahone Group, Inc. (California)
- High Maintenance Girlfriend
- High Mobility Group (protein)
- High Moral Ground
- High-Mobility Group
- Hill Mechanical Group (Illinois)
- Home Media Gallery (Pioneer Kuro plasma TV)
- Home Mortgage Group (Canada)
- Homelessness Monitoring Group (UK)
- Hope Medical Group (Georgia)
- Horizontal Merger Guidelines (acquisitions)
- Hospitalist Management Group (various companies)
- Hospitality Management Group (Charleston, SC)
- Hotel Managers Group, LLC
- Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin
Samples in periodicals archive:
The second day of Christmas is the day of the Assembly of the Holy Mother of God, and the third is the day of St Stephen, the Protomartyr.
Bulgaria's Black Sea capital Varna, whose main cathedral bears the name of the Dormition, is celebrating its official holiday Wednesday, which is the Day of Dormition of the Holy Mother of God.
In the first part of the liturgy, among the psalms and litanies, there is a "little confession of faith": "O Only-Begotten Son and Word of God, who art immortal and yet didst deign for our salvation to be incarnate of the holy Mother of God and ever-Virgin Mary; who without change becamest man and wast crucified, O Christ our God, trampling down death; who art One of the Holy Trinity, glorified together with the Father and the Holy Spirit; save us
An attendant in the Protection of the Holy Mother of God Church in Dzerzhinsk, Belarus, wiped the icon clean, but the Image of Christ continued to produce the liquid.
Holy Mother of God in the town of Linda-a-Velha near Lisbon.
On the Solemnity of Mary the Most Holy Mother of God, January 1, 2012, ten Anglicans were received by Bishop Crosbie into the Catholic Church at the Cathedral of Christ the King in Hamilton, Ontario.
Thus, as is customary in the Holy Land, three days prior to this solemn celebration, the icon is brought to the Tomb of the Holy Mother of God with multitudes of bishops, priests, pilgrims and local Palestinian Christians except this year there were hardly any local Christians attending.