Alma de Cuba, Seel Street Christmas is a Holy Day of Obligation, so give a nod to Him upstairs by calling into this former church on your pilgrimage through town.
What does HDO stand for?
HDO stands for Holy Day of Obligation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HDO
We have 29 other meanings of HDO in our Acronym Attic
- Houston Dot-Net User Group (Texas)
- Hard Drives Northwest
- Headache During Orgasm
- Health Delivery Organization (various organizations)
- Healthcare Discount Organization (Addvantage Care)
- Hearing Designation Order (FCC proceedings)
- Heavy Duty Oil
- High Definition Optics (various companies)
- High Demand Occupation
- High Density Overlay (phenolic resin-impregnated plywood used in concrete forms)
- Homeland Defense Office
- Housing Development Office
- Human Development Organization (Sri Lanka)
- Humanitarian Demining Operation
- Hydrogen Deuterium Oxide
- Hawaii Department of Agriculture
- Highest Degree of Brotherhood (gaming)
- Health Department Operations Cener (various locations)
- Hollywood Dog Obedience Club (Los Angeles, CA)
- Harley Davidson Owners Club Norway (motorcycle club; Oslo, Norway)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Back in Ireland, he said, it is a Holy Day of Obligation, a day to honor St.
31: The anticipatory Mass for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God -- a holy day of obligation -- will be celebrated at 5:15 p.
Good Friday has never been a holy day of obligation.
Even though Ash Wednesday is not considered by the Catholic Church to be a holy day of obligation, Gehl expects to see thousands of people come to Masses to receive the ash mark.
JANUARY 1 MARY, MOTHER OF GOD Catholic holy day of obligation when the faithful must attend a mass to honor Mary as the Mother of God.
Driven by lust for Anne Boleyn and desperation for a male heir, the king declared himself head of the Church of England and cut ties with Rome, denying us all the bank holiday a holy day of obligation affords.
You had to prepare to fast because the next day was Ash Wednesday, a holy day of obligation.