The Quick Kill system consists of a multi-mission, fire-control radar that detects and tracks incoming threats, combined with hard-kill countermeasures that serve as a hit avoidance system, enabling multi-tracking and multi-engagement of enemy fire for vehicle and squad protection.
What does HAS stand for?
HAS stands for Hit Avoidance System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAS
We have 253 other meanings of HAS in our Acronym Attic
- Heartland Apicultural Society
- Height-Adjustable Stand (product feature)
- Helicopter Antisubmarine Squadron
- Hellenic Actuarial Society
- Helleniki Aeroporia Stratu (Greek Army)
- High Angle Strafe
- High Availability Subsystem
- High Speed Arithmetic (package)
- Higher, Adjacent, Supporting (USMC)
- Highest Average Salary (employee benefits)
- Hogere Agrarische School (Netherlands)
- Holding Action System
- Homatropine 5% Eyedrops (ophthalmology)
- Home and School Association
- Home Automation Systems
- Homeland Air Security
- Horatio Alger Society
- Horticultural Art Society
- Hospital Accreditation Standards
- Hospitality and Accommodation Services (various agencies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Raytheon Company product is a hit avoidance system that relies on electronically scanned array radar that detects and tracks an incoming RPG.
BAE Systems has awarded a phased subcontract worth up to $70 million to Raytheon's Network Centric Systems business with headquarters in McKinney, Texas, to develop the "hard-kill" Active Protection Subsystem (APS) portion of the Hit Avoidance System for the U.