9780871404657 On politics; a history of political thought, from Herodotus to the present; 2v.
What does HPTh stand for?
HPTh stands for History of Political Thought (est. 1980; quarterly academic journal)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HPTh in our Acronym Attic
- Hautes-Pyrénées Tourisme Environnement (French tourism structure)
- High Precision Tracking Experiment
- High-Performance Turbine Engine
- HIF-1 Alpha Proteasome Targeting Factor
- Housing Production Trust Fund (public housing program; Washington, DC)
- Human Patellar Tendon Fibroblasts
- High Performance Tangential Flow Filtration
- Homeopathic Physicians Teaching Group
- Homeopathic Professionals Teaching Group (West Yorkshire, England, UK)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
- Hyde Park Transitional Housing Project (Illinois)
- Hamburg Port Training Institute GmbH (Germany)
- High Performance Technologies, Inc.
- Human Performance Training Institute (Englewood, CO)
- Health Policy Tool Kit
- Hallelujah, Praise the Lord (Christianity)
- High Performance Thin Layer (chromatography)
- High Power Testing Laboratory (Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry; Japan)
- High-Payoff Target List
- High-Performance Thin Layer Chromatography
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to this so-called "Cambridge" approach to the history of political thought, texts in this tradition can only be comprehensively understood in relation to the (historical) context in which they were composed and not exclusively or even primarily on their own terms; the "great books" which constitute the tradition of political thought would thus not be "freestanding," for their authors wrote them in the context of their contemporaries, a situation that may well lead an author into vitriolic confrontation with his opponents.
As Kelly explains in his preface, the contributions concur with "a simple but central recognition that any attempt to understand British imperial thought in the modern world must be historically rooted, and that a relatively expansive notion of what constitutes the history of political thought can illuminate one important aspect of the multiple lineages of empire" (xiii).
When he saw the innocently titled catalogue item, he thought, "It's late, but I'll take a quick glance before I leave" Houston, who specializes in the history of political thought, had uncovered individual letters and documents by Franklin before but, he notes, "This was a find of a different order of magnitude, the kind that happens only once in a lifetime.
I knew almost instantly what I was looking at," said Houston, who specializes in the history of political thought.
The body of Panagia's text includes four chapters, each of which presents a hermeneutic of the history of political thought intended to expose the often overlooked aesthetic dimension of this history.
This was never really part of the Folger's mandate, and Pocock himself has recently cautioned against seeking to elide political philosophy with the history of political thought, and has noted (quite rightly) that each has a different relationship to history and should be so treated by the historian .
The third clear challenge to the "Cambridge school" reading of the history of political thought, through this pairing of Machiavelli and Locke in a liberal republican tradition, is a new understanding of both the "liberal" and "republican" sides of this tradition.