The richness of the story of 'The Hobbit,' as well as some of the related material in the appendices of 'The Lord of the Rings,' allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth," Jackson said.
What does HOME stand for?
HOME stands for History Of Middle-Earth
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of HOME
We have 44 other meanings of HOME in our Acronym Attic
- Heart of Missouri Balloon Club (Columbia, MO)
- High Octane Mogas Component (gasoline)
- Hospice of Miami County (Miami, FL)
- Human Omentum Mesothelial Cell
- Human-Oriented Media Computing
- Huck Olson Memorial Civic Center (Minnesota)
- Human Oral Microbiome Database
- Higher-Order-Mode Dispersion Compensation
- Hands of Mercy Everywhere, Inc.
- Harness Oakland Mills Energy (anti-crime community group in Maryland)
- Home Investment Partnerships Program
- Home Observation of Measurement of the Environment
- Homeowner Obligation Made Explicit
- Homeowners Options for Massachusetts Elders
- Homestead National Monument of America (US National Park Service)
- Homeworkers Organized for More Employment
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal (Richmond, VA, USA)
- Same, Steady (Prefix)
- Power-Line Networking standard/alliance
- HomePNA Alliance (formerly Home Phoneline Networking Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jackson said that extending the project to three films "allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.
Many of the words and names he employs in the history of Middle-earth arise from Anglo-Saxon, Old Norse, Old Saxon, Old High German, and even the fragmentary Gothic, old and lost words whose sounds and forms allowed Tolkien to adapt and recreate them to capture the resonance of other times and create new signification.
Tolkien's son, Christopher, who, in The Treason of Isengard: The History of Middle-earth, Volume VI, has written extensively about the evolution of his father's maps.
Bombadil relates a history of Middle-earth, the familiar history of Manifest Destiny.
Aragorn, who was brought up by the elves in Rivendell and tutored by Elrond, must eventually fulfil a destiny that requires him to understand the complex and tragic history of Middle-earth, and to ensure a future born of hope and justice for all beings of that world.
GANDALF: Mysterious wizard who heads the Fellowship and knows the secret power of Frodo's inherited Ring and the history of Middle-Earth.
Jackson explained there was plenty of Middle Earth action to craft a third film from saying, "The richness of the story of, as well as some of the related material in the appendices of "The Lord of the Rings," allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.