1943) founded the Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique, specialised in historically informed performance of 19th-century music, applying the principles and employing the original instruments, who to date have recorded Brahms's A German Requiem (1992,2008), Verdi's Falstaff (2001), Bizet's Carmen (2009) and the complete Brahms symphonies, supplemented by vocal and vocal-instrumental pieces (2007-2008).
What does HIP stand for?
HIP stands for Historically Informed Performance (classical music)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HIP
We have 318 other meanings of HIP in our Acronym Attic
- High-Impedance Probe
- Higher Intermediate Fare Check (airfare construction)
- Highly Important Person
- Highly Integrated Photonics
- Highway Improvement Program (various locations)
- Hinge Inquirer Publications (Philippines)
- Hip Inflatable Protection (bag)
- Hiroshima International Plaza (Japan)
- Hispanics in Philanthropy (San Francisco, CA)
- Historic Inman Park (Atlanta, GA)
- History in Perspective (education)
- History In your Pocket (US Mint children's coin collecting)
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park (South Africa)
- Holdeen India Program
- Home Improvement Program (various organizations)
- Home Information Pack (UK Homes Bill)
- Home Inspection Program (various locations)
- Home Inspector Pro (inspection software)
- Home Installation Professionals
- Home Investment Package (Anaheim, CA Public Utilities Department)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The news comes as the Welsh Sinfonia prepares to hold its first workshop on baroque technique and historically informed performance, which is open to the general public.
This movement - sometimes referred to as the historically informed performance or HIP movement - eventually dominated the classical music world.
Within the historically informed performance, the winsome soloist (as evidenced by the photographs) has succeeded in differentiating the individual compositions, their movements, sections and phrases, duly highlighting the harmonically extreme passages and making the slow parts stand out expressively.
As director of the graduate program in historical performance at New York's Juilliard School, Huggett is a recognized authority on historically informed performance of Baroque works.
Byline: David Hart Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment Symphony Hall Thanks to the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, and others, historically informed performances of Classical music are now a regular thing.
Brazil has an active community of musicians committed to historically informed performance of early music, using period instruments and period techniques.
historically informed performances of Renaissance and Baroque Music in Birmingham and the West Midlands'.