a clinical-stage epigenetics oncology company, today announced 11 posters on entinostat, an oral, highly selective, class I histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor, will be presented at the 102nd Annual American Association for Cancer Research meeting April 2 to April 6 in Orlando, FL.
What does HDAC stand for?
HDAC stands for Histone Deacetylase (biochemistry)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HDAC
We have 27 other meanings of HDAC in our Acronym Attic
- High Definition Authoring Alliance (Sonic Solutions)
- Home Domain Allocation Agency
- Hull and District Angling Association (UK)
- High Dose Amino Acid Solution
- Highland Drug and Alcohol Action Team (UK)
- Health and Disability Auditing Australia (Brisbane, Australia)
- Historic Designation Advisory Board (Michigan)
- Hybrid-Digital-Analog Beamformer
- Heavy Duty Air Cylinder
- Helen Day Art Center (Stowe, VT)
- House Democracy Assistance Commission (US House of Representatives)
- Human Developmental Anatomy Center (National Museum of Health & Medicine; Washington, DC)
- Huntington's Disease Advocacy Center (Stanford, CA)
- Hydrogen/Deuterium Absorption Cell
- Hold Deck Aft Door Closed
- High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder
- Hold Deck Aft Door Dogged
- Hold Deck Aft Door Opened
- Hold Deck Aft Door Ramp Retracted
- Hold Deck Aft Door Undogged
Samples in periodicals archive:
chair of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Department of Neurobiology, said that drugs known as histone deacetylase inhibitors are showing great promise in stopping memory loss - and even in boosting the formation of memory in animal models.
Histone deacetylase has been among the targets for the development of anticancer drugs and adjuvant.
The presentations are as follows: Sunday, April 13, 2008: -- Session: Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors and Cell Cycle Inhibitors Poster presentation: The histone deacetylase-8 selective inhibitor PCI-34051 displays both anti-neoplastic and anti-inflammatory activities by inducing apoptosis in T-cell derived tumors and blocking IL-1B secretion in monocytes Abstract #742: 8:00 a.
About Romidepsin Romidepsin's cyclic peptide structure is novel among members of a new class of cancer drugs known as histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors.
10 /PRNewswire/ -- S*BIO Pte Ltd, a privately held biotech company focused on the research and clinical development of novel targeted small molecule drugs for the treatment of cancer, today announced that it has entered into a research collaboration with Professor Sven Pettersson at the Department of Tumorbiology and Microbiology at Karolinska Institutet, the prominent Swedish medical university, for its histone deacetylase (HDAC) program.
Gloucester Pharmaceuticals today announced that results from two studies of romidepsin, its novel, cyclic peptide, histone deacetylase inhibitor under investigation for the treatment of hematologic malignancies, will be presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida on Saturday, May 30, 2009.
SAHA, an inhibitor of histone deacetylase (HDAC), was given orally or intravenously to 70 patients with solid and hematologic tumors in studies conducted at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.