TCA causes slowing of Phase 0 depolarisation in cardiac action potential (fast sodium channels) and subsequent impairment of conduction through the His-Purkinje system.
What does HPS stand for?
HPS stands for His-Purkinje System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPS
We have 273 other meanings of HPS in our Acronym Attic
- High Performance System
- High Performing State (National Rural Health Mission; India)
- High Power Switching (Amrel)
- High Pressure Separator (oil refinery component)
- High Pressure Side
- High Pressure Sodium
- High Pressure Steam
- High Priestess (neopaganism)
- High Priority Site (various locations)
- High Productivity Systems (ICASE)
- Historic Preservation Services (US NPS)
- Historic Preservation Society (various locations)
- Historic Price Service (UK)
- History and Philosophy of Science
- History, Philosophy and Sociology (various schools)
- History/Political Science (academics)
- Hits Per Second (Internet)
- Holland Public Schools
- Homelessness Partnering Strategy (Human Resources and Skills Development Canada)
- Honors Physical Science (various schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ivabradine did not modify the PR and QRS intervals or the conduction properties and refractoriness of the atrium, atrioventricular node, His-Purkinje system and ventricles (10).
On the other hand, type 2 second-degree AV block is more likely infranodal, and the site of block is in the His-Purkinje system in 30% and in the bundle branches in the remainder.