CII has suggested that the peak customs duty be maintained at 10 per cent since there are huge excess capacity globally INHERITANCE TAXTROUBLE Inheritance tax, or estate duty, was levied between 1953 and 1985 All assets with a threshold limit of ` 1 lakh and above came under the ambit of the tax For Hindu Undivided Family ( HUF) property, this threshold was ` 50,000 The highest slab rate in 1985 was 85% on an estate exceeding ` 20 lakh Property, if passed to heirs two years before death, was not taxed The tax was scrapped in 1985 as the cost of collection to the government exceeded the amount of revenue accrued There was also a lot of litigation, which wasted the time and resources of the I- T Department Copyright 2012 India Today Group.
What does HUF stand for?
HUF stands for Hindu Undivided Family (India)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of HUF
We have 16 other meanings of HUF in our Acronym Attic
- Hunter United Employees Credit Union (Australia)
- Hoosier Uplands Economic Development Corporation
- Heads Up Energy Efficiency (newsletter, Canada)
- Harvard University Emergency Notification System (Cambridge, MA)
- Hear Us Emerging Sisters (magazine)
- Hollis Upper Elementary School (Brookline, NH)
- Helicopter Underwater Egress Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training
- Hemodialysis Unit of Erciyes University
- Highway Users Federation for Safety and Mobility
- Hulman Field
- Hungary Forint (Currency Unit, ISO)
- Hydrogeologic Unit Flow (Groundwater Modeling Systems)
- Terre Haute, IN, USA - Hulman Field (Airport Code)
- Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids
- Hacettepe Universitesi Finansal Arastirmalar Merkezi (Turkish: Hacettepe University Financial Research Center)
- Hartlepool United Football Club (UK)
- Hereford United Football Club (est. 1924; UK)
- Home United Football Club (Singapore)
- Harvard University Flute Ensemble (Cambridge, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Really, it really sounds so much like the Hindu Undivided Family.
It makes the Samajwadi Party seem like a motley crew of people with loud mouths and dubious pasts, the CPI( M) like some decrepit home for the elderly, the DMK like a commercial for the dysfunctional Hindu Undivided Family, and Mamata Banerjee like the Stalin her opponents could never become.