The two were among 20 sent to Himalayan Mountaineering Institute in Darjeeling for the training programme.
What does HMI stand for?
HMI stands for Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HMI
We have 126 other meanings of HMI in our Acronym Attic
- Healthy Marriage Initiative
- Heavy Metal Ions
- Heinzen Manufacturing International
- Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager
- Henry Mancini Institute (Culver City, CA)
- Henry Moore Institute (Leeds, UK)
- Her Majesty's Inspector (UK educational standards inspector)
- Herman Miller, Inc.
- Hetrick-Martin Institute
- High Mountain Institute (Leadville, CO)
- Historic Madison, Inc. (Wisconsin)
- Historic Manassas, Inc. (Virginia)
- Hoist Manufacturers Institute
- Holistic Management International (Albuquerque, NM)
- Homewood Musical Instrument Co. (Homewood, AL, USA)
- Horizontal Motion Index
- Horticultural Marketing Inspectorate (UK DEFRA)
- Host Message Interface
- Host Micro Interface
- Hotel Management International (EHMA publication)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A year after the history-making episode--an event as momentous as the Apollo 11 voyage or Columbus's discovery of the New World--the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI) was established in Darjeeling.
n Did advanced course from the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling, in 2009.
It was Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru who said: 'Give me a hundred Tenzings', and Tenzing's Himalayan Mountaineering Institute was to produce a generation of climbers inspired by his deeds.
In September, I enrolled for the basic mountaineering course at the Darjeeling- based Himalayan Mountaineering Institute.
Earlier, he trained with the Nepal Mountaineering Association and the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, based in Darjeeling, India.
Joneja, however, was not included in the initial team shortlisted for the camp by Himalayan Mountaineering Institute principal Neeraj Rana.