George Lavender, R-Texarkana, pointed to a 2010 study by the Highway Loss Data Institute that used data from several states to show that a ban brought about "a slight increase in the frequency of insurance claims filed under collision coverage for damage to vehicles in crashes.
What does HLDI stand for?
HLDI stands for Highway Loss Data Institute
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of HLDI in our Acronym Attic
- Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigens
- Hospital Labour Disputes Arbitration Act 1990 (Canada)
- Holdback (contracting)
- Homeland Defense Budget Unit
- High-Level Data Link
- High Level Design Document
- High-Level Decision Diagram
- Healthy Living Development Fund (UK)
- Human Lactate Dehydrogenase Isoenzyme 5 (antibody)
- Half-Life Disc Jockey (software)
- Helmet Law Defense League (motorcycling)
- Houghton Lake District Library (Michigan)
- Human Low Density Lipoprotein
- High-Level Data Link Control
- Half Life Death Match
- High Level Data Model
- High-Level Decision Maker (sales)
- High Level Data Manipulation Language (computer-aided design)
- Hawaii Library District Office (Hilo, HI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Institute, along with affiliate the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI), supports highway safety efforts and accident prevention through vehicle crash safety tests as well as consumer education, such as driver behavior and roadway designs.
In a recently released report, the IIHS says an analysis by the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) shows there are factors that will counter the negative impacts of an aging population between now and 2030.
He currently serves on the board of directors of the Highway Loss Data Institute.
Comparing insurance claims for crash damage in 4 US jurisdictions before and after such bans, The Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) researchers find claim rates are comparable with nearby jurisdictions without such bans.
Also, according to the Highway Loss Data Institute, there has been a significant increase in fatal vehicular accidents involving deer and other wildlife in the past 15 years - with 223 deaths in 2007, up from 150 in 2000 and 101 in 1993.
Investigators tell us the high-intensity discharge headlights are often stolen because they fit into earlier Maximas that were sold without such lights,'' said Kim Hazelbaker, senior vice president of the Highway Loss Data Institute, an affiliate of the institute.
Peterson and Hoffer (1994, 1996) and Peterson, Hoffer, and Millner (1995) analyze personal injury claims index data from the Highway Loss Data Institute and show that vehicle lines that adopted airbags in 1990 and 1992 Incurred approximately 7 percent higher relative personal injury insurance claims in the initial year of airbag adoption.