NYSDOT's Highway Design Manual also includes design considerations for pedestrian-friendly shoulders.
What does HDM stand for?
HDM stands for Highway Design Manual
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HDM
We have 108 other meanings of HDM in our Acronym Attic
- Hearst Digital Media
- Heavy Duty Macadam (civil engineering)
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen
- Help Desk Manager
- Hidden Dynamic Model (acoustic-phonetic modeling)
- Hierarchical Development Methodology
- High Definition Media (Blu-ray and HD-DVD)
- High Density Memory (various companies)
- Highway Design and Maintenance
- Highway Design and Management
- Highway Development and Management
- His Dark Materials (game; book by Philip Pullman)
- Hochschule der Medien (Stuttgart Media University, Germany)
- Honda de Mexico (car manufacturer)
- Horizontal Drive Mechanism (automotive)
- Hot Dark Matter
- House Dust Mite
- Housing Development Management (Sweden)
- Hoyo de Monterrey (cigars)
- Hull Daily Mail
Samples in periodicals archive:
These practices can be found in texts such as ITE's Context Sensitive Solutions, the most comprehensive work available on CSD; several state design manuals that have been revised to reflect context-sensitive principles, such as the Massachusetts Highway Design Manual (2006); and now, the Smart Transportation Guidebook.
The SCDOT Highway Design Manual (SCDOT manual) stated that the slope should be 2.