Level of service in the Highway Capacity Manual (2000) is defined as 'a quality measure describing operational conditions within a traffic stream, generally in terms of service measures such as speed and travel time, freedom to maneuver, traffic interruptions, comfort and convenience'.
What does HCM stand for?
HCM stands for Highway Capacity Manual
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCM
We have 158 other meanings of HCM in our Acronym Attic
- Hardcore Metal (music)
- HARDMAN Comparability Analysis Methodology
- Health Care Maintenance
- Health Care Management
- Hermite-Cloud Method
- High Capacity Mount
- High Capacity Multiplexing
- High Council Members (gaming)
- High-Performance (Voice) Compression Module (Cisco)
- Highest Common Multiple (mathematics)
- Hispanic Consumer Market (sector)
- History of Coal Mining
- Hitachi Cable Manchester (Manchester, NH)
- Hitachi Construction Machinery (Japan)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
- Hollow Cathode Magnetron (semiconductors)
- Honda Canada Manufacturing
- Hord Coplan Macht (design firm; Baltimore, MD)
- Horiko Capital Management (Japan)
- Horizontal Connection Module (energy production)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also, I would like to note that the article deals with average signal timings, whether for actuated or fixed-time signals (this is the presumption that the Highway Capacity Manual delay methodology makes), and thus is applicable in all settings, whether actuated or fixed time, urban or otherwise.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Need for a New Model The fourth edition of the Transportation Research Board's Highway Capacity Manual 2000 (HCM) represented the first attempt to offer a procedure model for analyzing LOS for shared-use paths on a large scale in the United States.
HIGHWAY CAPACITY MANUAL EVALUATION PROCEDURE An LPI has been documented by Van Houten et al.
Highway Capacity Manual, Special Report 206, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.