Research will evaluate daily supplementation of omega-3 highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs) in relation to risks of mental illness and suicide among veterans who are determined to be at increased risk for suicidal behaviors.
What does HUFA stand for?
HUFA stands for Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Hollis Upper Elementary School (Brookline, NH)
- Helicopter Underwater Egress Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training
- Hemodialysis Unit of Erciyes University
- Highway Users Federation for Safety and Mobility
- Hindu Undivided Family (India)
- Hulman Field
- Hungary Forint (Currency Unit, ISO)
- Hydrogeologic Unit Flow (Groundwater Modeling Systems)
- Terre Haute, IN, USA - Hulman Field (Airport Code)
- Hacettepe Universitesi Finansal Arastirmalar Merkezi (Turkish: Hacettepe University Financial Research Center)
- Hartlepool United Football Club (UK)
- Hereford United Football Club (est. 1924; UK)
- Home United Football Club (Singapore)
- Harvard University Flute Ensemble (Cambridge, MA)
- Hokkaido University Faculty Engineering Memoirs (Japan)
- Hamilton Underground Film Festival (New Zealand)
- Hollywood Underground Film Festival
- Huntington Ultra Frigid Fifty (50K trail race; Huntington, IN)
- High Frequency Direction Finder
Samples in periodicals archive:
2002) suggested that snail require n-3 highly unsaturated fatty acids as essential fatty acids in diets for normal growth, and plant oil could be used as an energy source when n-3 highly unsaturated fatty acids requirement is satisfied.
Dr Alex Richardson, of the Imperial College School of Medicine in London, says: "All of us need long-chain highly unsaturated fatty acids - they are truly essential to life.