Prior to being advanced to upper management, Petersen worked as a research engineer on projects including the F-8 Digital Fly By Wire project, the Highly Maneuverable Aircraft Technology program and the X-29 Forward-Swept Wing flight research program.
What does HiMAT stand for?
HiMAT stands for Highly Maneuverable Aircraft Technology
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HiMAT
- High Mobility/Agility (Test Vehicle)
- High Mobility and Agility Ground Vehicle
- Health Information Management Association of New York City
- Hierarchical Modeling & Analysis Package
- High Maneuverability/Agility Advanced Rotor Control System
- (Study of) Hidden Markov Models and Neural Networks for Robust Isolated Word Recognition
- High Mobility Artillery Rocket System
- Highly Mobile Artillery System
- Handspring Institute of Massage and Shiatsu (Philippines)
- High Mobility Aerial Tactics (Gundam Seed anime)
- History of Mining Activities in the Tyrol (and Adjacent Areas)
- High Mach Turbine Engine
- Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology
- Hume Industries (Malaysia) Berhad
- Harwest Industrial Minerals Corporation (Lakewood, CO)
- Health Institute for Mother and Child (est. 1990; New Delhi, India)
- High Impact Marine Composite
- Human Immune Monitoring Center (Stanford School of Medicine; Stanford, CA)
- Houston International Music Conference and Festival (Texas)
- Hartford Investment Management Company
Samples in periodicals archive:
She also served as program manager of the Environmental Research Aircraft and Sensor Technology program at the Dryden Flight Research Center and was the propulsion system project engineer on the Highly Maneuverable Aircraft Technology aircraft.
Petersen joined Dryden as an aerospace engineer in 1974, and has worked on such projects as the F-8 Digital Fly-by-Wire aircraft, the Highly Maneuverable Aircraft Technology demonstrator, and the X-29 forward-swept wing aircraft.