Compared to other donors, Korea allocates a high proportion of its aid as loans rather than grants about 40% of its total support to most countries and 18% to highly indebted poor countries.
What does HIPC stand for?
HIPC stands for Highly Indebted Poor Countries
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HIPC
We have 28 other meanings of HIPC in our Acronym Attic
- High Performance Armament System
- High Power Auroral Stimulation
- Hi Parkes All-Sky Survey (radio astronomy)
- High Performance Antiproton Trap
- High Income Principal and Yield Securities Corporation
- Hypoxia-Inducible Protein Binding Site
- Health Insurance Purchasing Cooperative
- Heavily Indebted Poor Country (World Bank initiative)
- Heterogeneous Interprocess Communications
- High Performance Computing
- Highly Indebted Poorest Country
- Hosted IP Centrex
- Hawaii Island Portuguese Chamber of Commerce (Hilo, Hawaii; est. 1982)
- Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre (hotel; Czech Republic)
- Highly Indebted Poor Country Initiative
- Hastings Intellectual Property and Cyber Law Society (Hastings College of the Law; University of California)
- Hamilton Investment Properties Community Housing Organization
- Highly Indebted Poor Country Program
- Hosted Internet Protocol Communication Service (SBC)
- High-Intensity Powder Diffractometer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Led by Tony Blair's government, the G8 agreed to an extra $48billion a year in aid by 2010 and to cancelling $1billion a year of debt for 18 of the most highly indebted poor countries.
Together, we designed a government economic program that would comply with all the conditions required to qualify for the cancellation of that debt under the Highly Indebted Poor Countries program.
This was alleviated by the Highly Indebted Poor Countries Initiative--dreamt-up and administered by those very same BWIs that did so much damage in the first place
At a separate news conference on Highly Indebted Poor Countries, David Carew, Sierra Leone's finance minister, said the plight of the weakest has been "largely forgotten".
7he Highly Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC) initiative had been meant to fully relieve the debt burdens of the forty poorest debtor countries, concentrated in Africa.
The immensely successful public advocacy for debt relief at Birmingham precipitated a chain reaction throughout the global community hastening debt relief for many highly indebted poor countries, including my own country, Guyana.
analyzes the impact of international relief since 1990s to determine whether such efforts have improved economic growth in eight highly indebted poor countries (HIPCs) in Latin American and Africa.