On the authority's own website, it states: "The system is designed to cope with 1 in 100 year combined river flows and annual highest astronomical tides.
What does HAT stand for?
HAT stands for Highest Astronomical Tide
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAT
We have 181 other meanings of HAT in our Acronym Attic
- Health Advisory Team (various locations)
- Heavy Assault Team
- Height Above Terrain
- Height Above Touchdown
- Help Authoring Tool
- Hepatic Artery Thrombosis
- High Altitude Transition
- High-Alarm Threshold
- High-Altitude Training
- High-Angle Threat
- Histone Acetyltransferase (enzyme)
- History of Approximation Theory
- Hizam Al-Taawun (Arab belt of cooperation)
- Home Automated External Defibrillator Trial (clinical trial)
- Honor Amongst Thieves
- Horizontal Axis Turbine (energy)
- Hospitality Accommodations of Texas (Austin, Texas)
- Host Access Table
- Host Access Transformation (computing)
- Housing Action Trust (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2 m lower than the highest astronomical tide, only very large tides are able to cover the marshes with a significant depth of water.