By employing N-Patches (also known as PN Triangles) - a new type of higher order surface composed of curved rather than flat triangles that was developed by ATI and is supported in Microsoft's DirectX 8.
What does HOS stand for?
HOS stands for Higher Order Surface
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HOS
We have 100 other meanings of HOS in our Acronym Attic
- Healing Our Spirit (Vancouver, BC)
- Health Outcomes Survey (Medicare survey)
- Heavy Oilfield Services (gas compressor)
- Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson (economics)
- Helicopter Observation System
- Helicopter Oxygen System
- Hidden Object Scene (gaming)
- High Order Shims (imaging)
- High Order Software
- Higher Order Software
Samples in periodicals archive:
The latest version of DirectX introduces support for a host of advanced graphical techniques, including volume textures, pixel & vertex shaders, higher order surfaces, and more.