The paper discusses cutback management concepts and lessons learned from past fiscal stimulus programs, concluding that tax cuts have less impact than cash grants; capital project support has a greater impact than operating expenditure support; and higher level government project and block grants speed recovery, in comparison to formula grants.
What does HLG stand for?
HLG stands for Higher Level Government (various nations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HLG
We have 27 other meanings of HLG in our Acronym Attic
- Home-Link File System Daemon
- Handball Loisirs Fontenay-Trésigny (French handball club; Fontenay-Trésigny, France)
- Hessische Landesanstalt fuer Umwelt (German: Hessian State Institute for the Environment)
- Hørselshemmedes Landsforbunds Ungdom (Norwegian Youth Association of the Hard of Hearing)
- Half-Life Guard (anti-cheat for half-life based games)
- Hand Launched Glider
- Hannibal-Lagrange College (Missouri)
- Hawk Logistics Group
- Headless Gutted (fish)
- High Level Group (NATO)
- Hawkesbury Local Government Area (Australia)
- Holed Land Grid Array (integrated circuits packaging)
- High Lands Golf Club (Pataskala, OH)
- Home Loan Guarantee Company (South Africa)
- Human Luteinized Granulosa Cell
- Hispanic/Latino Genetics Community Consultation Network (national summit; oncology)
- High Level Group of Experts (European Commission, European Union)
- High Level Group on Greenhouse (greenhouse effect response group)
- Hyper Least General Generalization (algorithm)
- High Level Group on Internet Governance
Samples in periodicals archive:
An objection from a parent agency, higher level government official or funding source to the nature of the standard/expected practice; 4.
CONDITIONAL TRANSFERS: AN EVALUATION Conditional transfers to sub-national governments are advocated to ensure certain minimum standards of services across jurisdictions (conditional block grants): to pursue higher level government objectives (could be conditional matching or non-matching); or to address inter-jurisdictional spillovers of benefits (conditional matching transfers).