Tokyo, Japan, Feb 1, 2006 - (JCN) - NTT DoCoMo announced on February 1 three prototype high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) handsets developed by Fujitsu, Motorola and NEC.
What does HSDPA stand for?
HSDPA stands for High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (3GPP WCDMA; mobile telephony protocol)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HSDPA
- High School Drop-Out
- High Speed Diesel Oil
- Hawaii State Department of Education
- Hanford Site Development Plan
- Hawaii Scientific Drilling Project
- Health Systems Development Programme (various locations)
- High School Diploma Program
- Hrvatski Savez Daljinskog Plivanja (Croatian Long Distance Swimming Federation)
- Hungarian Social Democratic Party
- High Speed Data Packet Access (internet connectivity)
- High-Speed Downlink Protocol Access (mobile phones)
- High-Strain Dynamic Pile Testing
- Health Systems Development and Regulation (South Dakota)
- High Speed Diesel Race (combustion technology)
- Humane Society of Durham Region (Ontario, Canada)
- Hurricane and Storm Damage Reduction (USACE)
- High Speed Dynamic Random Access Memory
- Harvard Skin Disease Research Center
- Hawaii State Dressage Society
- Health Services Delivery Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
Europe remains an important laboratory for emerging mobile technologies such as Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution (EDGE) and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), while countries such as Finland are in the forefront of utilising 900MHz spectrum for 3G.
The growing necessity for higher data rates in emerging communication systems with applications such as mobile Internet, high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA), and evolution-data optimized (EV-DO) has increased the need to improve the range as well as speed of wireless links and promoted interest in the deployment of these technologies.
Market Sectors Expert Frost & Sullivan analysts thoroughly examine the following market sectors in this research: - Mobile enterprise market - Mobile office - Mobile e-mail - Mobile voice and data services - Sales force automation - Customer relationship management - Enterprise resource planning Technologies The following technologies are covered in this research: - Fixed mobile convergence (FMC) - Microcom networking protocol (MNP) - High-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) For more information visit http://www.
The seamless handoff of broadband voice and multimedia services as well as Nortels first session initiation protocol (SIP)-based video call handover between a live high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) network and a wireless network was demonstrated by the company," says the analyst.
There is increasing interest in the task of upgrading the 3G networks using High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) technology, sometimes described in the industry as 3.
2 Mbps with high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) Category 9 operation.
Nasdaq:NVTL), a leading provider of wireless broadband access solutions, today announced that its Merlin U740(TM) PC Card Modem and Expedite EU740(TM) PCI Express Mini Cards for High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) networks have received industry compliance from the Global Certification Forum (GCF).