[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Comment: This study found that, in women with PCOS, consumption of a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet promoted weight loss and improved glucose metabolism by an effect that may be independent of weight loss.
What does HPLC stand for?
HPLC stands for High-Protein, Low-Carbohydrate (diet)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HPLC
We have 182 other meanings of HPLC in our Acronym Attic
- High-Performance Liquid Affinity Chromatography
- Human placental alkaline phosphatase
- Housing Planning and Lands Bureau (Hong Kong)
- Holmby Park Lawn Bowling Club (California)
- High Performance and Low Cost
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- High Performing Learning Communities (various organizations)
- High Permeation Liquid Chromatography
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
- High Purity Liquid Chromatography
- Homeless Persons' Legal Clinic (Promoting Law in the Public Interest; Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography Coupled with Amperometric Electrochemical Detection
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography-Chiral Stationary Phase Technique
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography with Diode-Array Detection
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography With Electrochemical Detection
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography with Electrochemical Detection
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography coupled to Electrochemical Detection
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography with Electrochemical Detection
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography with Fluorescent Detection
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography with Fluorescence Detection
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the first 14 days the volunteers have to live on a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet with protein supplements and added nut and seed oils.
High-protein, low-carbohydrate diets have been promoted as weight loss diets.
The Atkins diet is a high-protein, low-carbohydrate eating plan, which became very popular among both celebrities and the public in the early part of this decade.
I want to lose some weight, but don't know whether I should go on a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet or not.
com/ About Think Products: Headquartered in Ventura, California, the company's first product, the Think Thin bar, was the first of its kind created without highly processed ingredients and remains the #1 selling all-natural, high-protein, low-carbohydrate bar in natural food stores nationally.
A high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet and regular exercise led to improved weight loss in a recent dietary study conducted at the Department of Food Sciences and Human Nutrition.
Low Carb diets benefit poultry sector: The chicken industry has benefited even more than the beef or pork industries from the popularity of high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets, according to a recent survey conducted by PKS Research Partners for the National Chicken Council and the U.