a leader in the discrete PC and workstation graphics market, has announced that IBM has selected the powerful FireGL V7100 high-end workstation graphics accelerator for the IBM IntelliStation Pro line.
What does HEW stand for?
HEW stands for High-End Workstation (computer)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HEW
We have 37 other meanings of HEW in our Acronym Attic
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle Technology
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle Technology Assessment
- Health Education Video Unit (UK; Leicester General Hospital)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle Working Group
- Half Energy Width
- Hamburgische Electricitäts-Werke AG (German energy provider)
- Health, Education & Welfare
- Hewitt Associates, Inc. (stock symbol)
- High Energy Weapon
- High-Efficiency Washer
- High-Performance Embedded Workshop (Renesas)
- Higher Education Wales
- Highly Entertaining Wrestlers
- Hitachi Embedded Workshop
- Home Entertainment Week (UK)
- Home Equity Withdrawal
- Huber Engineered Woods (various locations)
- Hermit Warbler (bird species Dendroica occidentalis)
- Historical Encyclopedia of Western Australia
- Highway Emergency & Weather Advisory Bulletin (California Highway Patrol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ATA/UDMA drives are gaining some ground in the high-end workstation market where SCSI-based drives have long been unchallenged.
The alliance has developed a superior microprocessor designed specifically to address the needs of the server and high-end workstation arena," said Les Crudele, vice president and general manager, Motorola RISC Microprocessor Division.
ATI's new ultra high-end workstation graphics accelerators leverage our best technology while focusing on the unique features of the workstation market.
AMD Athlon MP processors provide the powerhouse for high-end workstations running applications that benefit from AMD's impressive floating-point capabilities.
The HP xw9300 Workstation is designed for markets that demand high-end workstation visualization and graphics performance.
The new design archives multiple bank performance with a small area overhead and includes two built-in page sizes in one chip to ensure suitability for applications ranging from low-end computers to high-end workstations.
The BOXX series of high-end workstations are used extensively throughout the 3D, visual effects, animation, broadcast, post production, digital video and film and HD communities.