Biogen Idec will continue positioning Avonex as the first choice for multiple sclerosis therapy and make Tysabri the first alternative, rather than a high-dose interferon or Teva's Copaxone, should patients fail while taking Avonex," said Craig Speziali, analyst at Millennium Research Group.
What does HDI stand for?
HDI stands for High-Dose Interferon (treatment)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HDI
We have 113 other meanings of HDI in our Acronym Attic
- Helen Dowling Instituut (Dutch: Helen Dowling Institute; cancer foundation)
- Help Desk Institute
- Help Desk International (various locations)
- Hexamethylene Diisocyanate
- High Density Index
- High Density Interconnect (poly clad laminates)
- High Density Interconnection
- High Diesel Injection
- High-Definition Interface
- High-Distance Interleaver
- High-Pressure Direct Injection Diesel
- Historic Denver, Inc.
- Historically Disadvantaged Individual
- Hochschuldidaktik Informatik
- Home Discovery Inspections (Orlando, FL)
- Homestead Design, Inc. (Essex, VT)
- HOOPS Device Interface (Vagi)
- Horizontal Deviation Indicator (airplane instrument)
- Household Disposable Income (finance)
- Human Development Index (UNDP yardstick of human welfare)
Samples in periodicals archive:
High-dose interferon alpha-2b induction therapy in combination with ribavirin for Japanese patients infected with hepatitis C virus genotype 1b with a high baseline viral load.
Hepatitis C genotype 1, the most common genotype detected among infected American patients, has a markedly lower response rate to high-dose interferon, even pegylated interferon, plus ribavirin than do genotypes 2 and 3.
By 12 months severe side effects had led 22% of patients taking high-dose interferon to drop out of the study, compared with 9% of patients in the low-dose group.
Largest Study of Its Kind Will Examine Changes in Treatment Management of Tested and Non-Tested Patients Receiving a High-Dose Interferon
In addition, a return to the high-dose interferon may lead to only a partial improvement in signs of disease activity, suggesting an inherent risk in dose-reduction practices.
Outside the US, the company markets a high-dose interferon beta-1a product for multiple sclerosis, called Rebif(R).
Kenneth Foon, Director of the Barrett Center for Cancer Prevention and Research at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, commented, "Recent preliminary Phase II clinical data suggest that TriGem may improve disease free survival and overall survival when given in conjunction with high-dose interferon a2b, the current standard of care for stage three melanoma.